Outreach & EducationFun, Education, and Furry Friends!
Humane Education Opportunities
SICSA is excited to provide six weeks of Humane Education Camps beginning in June of 2023! These camps will cover topics like veterinary science, animal welfare, and animal behavior. We look forward to spending the summer with our campers!
Through the David Irwin Brown Humane Education Fund, SICSA is able to welcome campers from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds to our summer camps. This fund also allows SICSA to provide additional humane education opportunities in our community throughout the year.
To learn more about The David Irwin Brown Humane Education Fund, please click the button below:
Full Day Camps
PLEASE NOTE: All summer camps are now full. Registration is closed. If you have registered your child for camp, you will receive an email one week prior to the start of their camp with additional information.
- The registration fee for any 5 day, full-day camp is $225.
- These camps take place from 9AM to 3PM.
- Campers are asked to bring a packed lunch to these camps. Snacks will be provided.
- Camps are divided by age and subject.
- Veterinary Adventure Camp Ages 7 and 8 (June 12 - June 16)
- Veterinary Adventure Camp Ages 9-11 (June 19 - June 23)
- Veterinary Adventure Camp Ages 12-14 (June 26 - June 30)
- Humane Hero Camp Ages 8-11 (July 10 - July 14)
- Awesome Animals Camp Ages 7 and 8 (July 17 - July 21)
- Awesome Animals Camp Ages 9-11 (July 24 - July 28)
Age restrictions are firm.
PLEASE NOTE: Campership applications for Summer 2023 Camps are now closed.
If you are in need of financial assistance, camperships are available through the David Irwin Brown Humane Education Fund. These funds are awarded based on need and availability.
Little Paws Half Day Camps
- Little Paws Half-Day Camps are for children ages 5 and 6.
- The registration fee for Little Paws 4 day, half-day camp is $150.
- Camp will take place July 5th - July 8th.
- Campers may attend morning or afternoon camp.
- Camps are 3 hours each day (9:00AM to 12:00PM or 12:30PM to 3:30PM)
- Campers will not be permitted to remain on campus during the 30 minute break between the morning and afternoon session.
Proof of need will be required for financial assistance.