Steps to Adopt a Pet
- Complete a questionnaire in person at SICSA or online with the drop-down menus below. Please note that landlord verification will be required for those who rent.
- Meet with an adoption counselor trained to help make the best match. Come anytime during our hours of operation: Monday-Saturday 12-7pm, Sunday 12-4pm. No appointment is needed. The adoption counselors are here to answer any questions you may have and to help educate you about our pets.
- We typically help introduce all household residents, including the furry ones, to your new family member.
- Complete the adoption and go home with your furry friend! Plan on at least 30 minutes minimum to take your new pet home.
Includes veterinary assessment, spay/neuter, microchip identification, up-to-date vaccines (based upon age and medical history), and take-home carrier.
- Kittens under 6 months | Starting at $100
- Cats 6 months to 1 year | Starting at $60
- Adult Cats 1 year to 7 years |Starting at $40
- Senior Cats 7 years and older |Starting at $25
If you're searching online, you'll find prices with each pet's information. Click here to view our cats!
Includes veterinary assessment, spay/neuter, microchip identification, up-to-date vaccines (based upon age and medical history), Montgomery County dog license, and slip lead.
- Puppies under 6 months |Starting at $366
- Dogs 6 months to 1 year | Starting at $216
- Adult Dogs 1 year to 7 years | Starting at $166
- Senior Dogs 7 years and older |Starting at $96
If you're searching online, you'll find prices with each pet's information. Click here to view our dogs!
We do not place holds on animals who are not yet available for adoption. When they become available, they are generally adopted on a first come, first served basis. However, we will place an animal on hold for an approved adopter for 24 hours if we need to get approval from a landlord or arrange a meet and greet with other pets in the home.
During our adoption process, we strive to make good matches between people and pets; however, we recognize that there can be some unknowns in terms of how an animal will fit into your home. Slumber parties can help alleviate some of those concerns! Slumber parties allow you to take an animal home for a specified amount of time to see how they do in your home environment before committing to an adoption. Not every animal will be eligible for a slumber party, so talk with the adoption staff during your visit to find out more information.
If you still have questions, click here to read our FAQs.