Adopt Your New Best Friend
When you choose to adopt, you’re not only adding a devoted companion to your family, you’re helping to save lives. Please check out all the dogs and cats currently available for adoption. They’re waiting to meet you!
Steps To Adopt A Pet
Thank you for considering adoption! Our Dayton pet adoption center is located at 8172 Washington Church Rd. and is open Monday-Saturday from noon- 7pm and on Sundays from noon-6pm. We encourage adopters to schedule appointments for their convenience. We also accept walk-ins whenever possible, but there may be a wait.
1. View our adoptable petsTake a look at our pets currently available for adoption.
VIEW ADOPTABLE CATS
VIEW ADOPTABLE DOGS
2. Complete the pre-adoption questionnaireThe pre-adoption questionnaire helps us learn more about what you’re looking for in a pet. Please note, the questionnaire does not reserve or hold a specific pet.
CATS PRE-ADOPTION FORM
DOGS PRE-ADOPTION FORM
3. Make an appointmentFor the convenience of our adopters, we encourage appointments. Please call 937-294-6505 and select option 3 to speak with an adoption representative. We also accept walk-ins whenever possible, but there may be a wait.
4. Meet with an adoption counselorOur adoption counselors are here to answer any questions you may have and are trained to help you make the best match! Please allow 60-90 minutes to complete an adoption.
5. Bring your familyIf necessary, we can help introduce all household residents to your new family member, including meet-and-greets with dogs.
6. Complete the adoptionWe use a convenient, mobile checkout process that will provide digital copies of all the adoption paperwork. Please bring your smartphone and credit card to your appointment. Other options are also available, so please talk to your adoption counselor about any questions you may have.
Cat Adoption Fees
When you adopt a cat from SICSA, your fee helps cover a veterinary exam, spay/neuter surgery, a FeLV/FIV test, microchip, vaccines (based on age and medical history), and a take-home carrier.
Kittens under 6 monthsStarting at $100
Cats 6 months to 1 yearStarting at $65
Adult Cats 1 year to 10 yearsStarting at $50
Senior Cats 10 years and olderStarting at $30
Dog Adoption Fees
When you adopt a dog from SICSA, your fee helps cover the cost of a veterinary exam, spay/neuter surgery, heartworm test, microchip, vaccines (based on age and medical history), a Montgomery County dog license, and a slip lead.
Puppies under 6 monthsStarting at $366
Adult Dogs 6 months - 7 yearsStarting at $216
Senior Dogs 7 years and olderStarting at $96
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Adoption
We do not place holds on animals who are not yet available for adoption. When they become available, they are generally adopted on a first come, first served basis. However, we will place an animal on hold for an approved adopter for up to 24 hours if they need to make arrangements with a landlord or housing complex or to arrange a meet and greet with other family members or pets in the home.
Post Adoption Support
SICSA is committed to supporting our adopters post-adoption and to preventing pets from ending up in shelters. Our goal is to nurture loving, lifelong relationships between animals and people.