Our employees make a difference! We have many opportunities throughout the year for dedicated, passionate people who want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals and touch the lives of countless families.
Current Employment Opportunities
Job Title: Veterinary Assistant
Department: Veterinary Clinic
FLSA Status: Non Exempt FT
Reports To: Veterinary Clinic Manager
The Veterinary Assistant will aid the veterinarians as needed in surgery, wellness appointments, and with shelter medicine responsibilities, as well as ensures that the clinic facility and equipment are clean and in good working order. Additionally, he or she performs the check-in and release of animals for the public spay/neuter and wellness programs, provides animal restraint, and assists with preparing animals for veterinary care and spay/neuter surgery.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities
- Daily, thorough cleaning of clinic including equipment, cages, floors, dishes, bedding, etc.
- Monitoring the health of the animals, including post-op patients, on an ongoing basis, rapidly identifying any health problems or conditions and immediately reporting them to the veterinarian.
- Providing care for animals, including vaccination, performance of medical treatments (i.e. nail clipping, ear cleaning etc.), medicating and assisting with euthanasia as needed.
- Maintaining patient records by accurately recording treatments and test results in an electronic records system (ShelterLuv or Vetter), and by processing patient check-in/check-out documents and transactions.
- Maintaining an inventory of medications for ordering drugs and treatment supplies.
- Treating all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
- Maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor and providing good customer service while working with fosters, volunteers and clients. This includes checking in and releasing animals for the public spay/neuter and wellness programs, as well as answering questions the clients may have after surgery.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members.
- Filling in for other areas and performing other tasks/functions as needed, including helping with phone calls and scheduling as well as occasionally working at special events.
Specific Job Skills:
- Exceptional customer service/people skills, including comfort with discussing post-op care of animals with the general public.
- Experience and comfort in caring for and handling animals in a safe, effective, and humane manner, especially animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt PT (20 to 30 hours a week)
Reports To: CEO
This position is a master multi-tasker with excellent communications skills, professionalism, and an upbeat attitude. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the routine and advanced duties of the Executive and Administrative teams.
• Provides administrative support to the Executive and Management teams, ensuring efficient operation of duties.
• Receives, records and acknowledges all donor gifts.
• Maintains and ensures the accuracy of the donor management database.
• Prepares donor lists as needed.
• Schedules meetings, prepares agendas (if requested), records and distributes meeting minutes or other records (if requested), welcomes and supports administration visitor needs.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
• Maintains filing systems as assigned.
• Retrieves information as requested and prepares written summaries of data when needed.
• Assist with payroll processes and employee benefits as necessary.
• Assist with annual independent audits and other reporting needs.
• Ensuring agency record keeping systems are up to date and maintaining records.
• Maintains office transfer and disposal of records as per the retention policy.
• Assists with inventory, maintaining and ordering of all organizational equipment and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Specific Qualities and Job Skills:
• Professional, and with a high level of integrity around confidential information.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and administrative writing skills.
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
• Goal and deadline oriented, with the ability to prioritize effectively.
• Attention and initiative to respond to administrative situations as they arise.
• Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to demonstrate a high level of ability in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Minimum of an Associate Degree or related experience;
• 3 years of administrative assistance or coordination experience;
• Ability to work with a variety of people and manage conflict professionally.
• Maturity, good judgment, and a professional attitude
• Volunteer engagement advocate; ability to work side-by-side with volunteers to help leverage volunteers and their skills to successfully help deliver on SICSA's mission
• Enthusiastic about team work; ability to work well with staff, volunteers, donors, and the general public to promote SICSA's philosophy and goals
• Physical ability to sit for long periods of time and work on a computer.
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• The ability to repeat same movements.
• The ability to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
• Allergic conditions, which would be aggravated when in an animal environment, may be a disqualification
• Ability to read, write, and understand English
• Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record as defined by SICSA's current insurance carrier
• Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization
• Knowledge of accounts payable and receivable processes a plus!
• Must be comfortable with cats and dogs.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org