Our employees make a difference! We have many opportunities throughout the year for dedicated, passionate people who want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals and touch the lives of countless families.
Current Employment Opportunities
Job Title: Registered Vet Technician
Department: Veterinary Clinic
FLSA Status: Part Time Exempt
Reports To: Veterinary Clinic Manager
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Administering anesthesia medications correctly and recording usage of controls
- Controlling the flow surgery animals
- Directing veterinary assistants
- Working closely with Veterinarian and assistance to complete surgery’s in a safe and timely manner
Specific Job Skills/Requirements:
- Hold a current Veterinary Technician License
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- ability to help move large dog over 80lb
- availability to work Fridays or Saturdays
- 2+ years of veterinary technician experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations
SICSA will provide ample training in high quality high volume surgery techniques.
We offer a competitive wage and a friendly work environment.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Megan Dell: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to SICSA Pet Adoption Center; ATTN: Megan Dell, 2600 Wilmington Pike, Kettering, OH 45419.
SOCIETY FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF CONDITIONS FOR STRAY ANIMALS
Job Title: Adoption Counselor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt PT
Reports To: Adoptions Manager
The Adoption Counselor is responsible for matching cats and dogs with good homes both at the Adoption Center and at off-site adoption events, while creating a positive experience for prospective adopters. Additionally, the counselor will advise people about standard animal care and training. This is a part-time position for 3 shifts per week, on average, for approximately 15-20 total hours, with the possibility of additional hours in the future.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Providing high quality customer service to people who visit or call SICSA.
- Actively reaching out to and interacting with the general public, specifically talking with prospective adopters to find out what they are looking for in a pet.
- Interacting with and getting to know the animals in order to talk intelligently about the animals’ personalities and behavior traits with prospective adopters.
- Helping people through the adoption process; sharing information about animal care and behavior; reviewing adoption applications; interviewing applicants in a conversational way; making decisions to finalize or deny an adoption; and communicating with the applicant in such a manner that maintains a courteous and friendly attitude, even when declining a request.
- Following up on completed adoptions by phone or e-mail.
- Working the front desk; tasks include answering phones, assisting customers, operating cash register, and assisting with administrative tasks as needed.
- Willingness and ability to learn the computer program used to track and adopt animals.
- Willingness and ability to learn about cat and dog behavior, common issues, and ways to address them in order to make good adoption matches and to keep animals in their homes.
- Cleaning animal areas, front office, and equipment as needed; including spot cleaning of animal rooms and kennels and public areas throughout the day.
- Transporting animals, cages, and other equipment to and from off-site events.
- Treating all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance, and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all animals.
- Maintaining a friendly demeanor and providing good customer service while assisting with adoptions.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers.
- Filling in for other areas and performing other tasks and functions as needed, including helping out at special events.
Specific Qualities and Job Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be personable, outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people.
- Ability to accept criticism with poise and deal with high stress situations calmly and effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Maturity, good judgment, and a professional personal appearance.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and the flexibility necessary for a dynamic work environment.
- The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- The ability to ask appropriate questions to gather information, along with the ability to feel and show empathy for others.
- The ability to turn people down, firmly when necessary, without becoming aggressive or unpleasant.
- The ability to learn about and understand each animal as an individual with his or her own personality, bad habits, past experiences, etc.
- Familiarity with animals; knowledge of and/or experience with animal behavior; and volunteer or work experience with foster care, a rescue group, humane society, or other animal welfare agency is a plus.
- Comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands; to hear, to see, and to move animals and goods.
- Allergic conditions, which would be aggravated when handling or working with animals, may be a disqualification.
- High school graduation, plus two years of work or volunteer experience working with the public, preferably working with animals.
- Availability: the SICSA Adoption Center is open seven days a week and weekends are often required.
- Availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule are a must.
- Must be able to pass driving approval with insurance company.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.