Our employees make a difference! We have many opportunities throughout the year for dedicated, passionate people who want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals and touch the lives of countless families.
Current Employment Opportunities
Job Title: Registered Vet Technician
Department: Veterinary Clinic
FLSA Status: Part Time Exempt
Reports To: Veterinary Clinic Manager
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Administering anesthesia medications correctly and recording usage of controls
- Controlling the flow surgery animals
- Directing veterinary assistants
- Working closely with Veterinarian and assistance to complete surgery’s in a safe and timely manner
Specific Job Skills/Requirements:
- Hold a current Veterinary Technician License
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- ability to help move large dog over 80lb
- availability to work Fridays or Saturdays
- 2+ years of veterinary technician experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations
SICSA will provide ample training in high quality high volume surgery techniques.
We offer a competitive wage and a friendly work environment.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Megan Dell: [email protected] or mail to SICSA Pet Adoption Center; ATTN: Megan Dell, 2600 Wilmington Pike, Kettering, OH 45419.
Animal Care Technician
FLSA Status: Part Time Exempt
Reports To: Kennel and Facility Manager
Objective: Provide quality care for SICSA resident animals in accordance with SICSA's policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be dependable.
- Be willing to follow instructions.
- Have general knowledge of animal care and behavior.
- Be able to interact well with animals and be willing to do basic care and training routines.
- Have an interest in learning about animal health, basic training, and welfare issues.
- Be able to work with all types of animals that SICSA cares for. This includes small to extra- large dogs, puppies, kittens, cats, senior animals, and fractious animals.
- Be able to work well with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Be able to understand and accept the reality of euthanizing animals when necessary.
The Animal Care Technician (ACT) reports to Kennel Manager and works in partnership with other ACTs to provide quality care for SICSA's animals.
- Perform basic cleaning and feeding routines of animals in accordance to SICSA's animal care policies and procedures.
- Provide regular feed back to the Kennel Manager and the Staff Veterinarian regarding changes in animal health and behavior.
- Carry out designated health care programs for specific animals as directed by the Kennel Manager and the Staff Veterinarian.
- Carry out designated behavior modification programs as directed by the Kennel Manager.
- Assist the public during open hours.
Duties: Examples of specific duties include:
- Walk dogs according to the schedule set by the Kennel Manager to ensure a good house breaking routine, provide exercise, and human interaction.
- Examine the animals daily reporting on any change in behavior, appetite, appearance, and feces to the Kennel Manager and the Staff Veterinarian.
- Follow basic training routines and special behavior plans as directed by the Kennel Manager to enhance animal adoptability.
- Ensure the health and wellness of the animals in SICSA’s care through monitored social interaction with other animals and people.
- Under the supervision of the Kennel Manager and the Staff Veterinarian medicate and provide necessary treatment to those animals requiring special medical care.
- Perform daily and special cleaning as assigned by the Kennel Manager.
- Monitor all kennel supplies to ensure that all kennel areas are well stocked, notifying the Kennel Manager when items need to be ordered.
- Assist the Staff Veterinarian in the Vet Clinic when asked.
- Participate in educational opportunities and training provided by SICSA.
- Give Support and guidance to kennel volunteers.
Positions start out with 2 weeks of near full time training, then will drop to about 20 hours per week as needed.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Emma Blackman-Mathis: [email protected]g or mail to Attn: Emma Blackman-Mathis 2600 Wilmington Pike, Kettering OH 454519.