OUR ADOPTION PROCESSES HAVE CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19. PLEASE READ.
Starting Tuesday, May 12, 2020, the SICSA Pet Adoption Center will be open for adoptions by appointment only Tuesday-Saturday from noon-7pm.
In consideration of your health and safety, SICSA staff and volunteers will be adhering to CDC recommended social distancing guidelines. Staff and volunteers will also be wearing masks and the facility will be regularly sanitized. We ask that if you come to SICSA for an appointment and will be interacting with staff and volunteers, that you please also wear a mask.
If you are interested in adopting, please follow these instructions.
Please fill out a pre-adoption questionnaire.
- Cats: https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/SIC/Cat
- Dogs: https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/SIC/Dog
Make an appointment with an adoption counselor.
Call the adoption center during open hours: 937-294-6505, select 3 for adoptions.Call the adoption center during open hours: 937-294-6505, select 3 for adoptions.
- Please note, due to high call volume, if you leave a voicemail expressing interest in adopting but have not filled out the pre-adoption questionnaire, your call may not be returned.
- All adoptable pets are listed on the website. If the animal is not on the website, she or he is not available. Due to high call volume, calls about animals not listed on the website may not be returned.
- Initial adoption counseling will be completed by phone, when possible, and will be followed by in-person appointments to meet pets.
- There will be a limited number of in-person appointments. Walk-ins will be accommodated if there is an open appointment, but may not always be possible. In order to respect your time, we ask that you please call first.
Due to COVID-19, there are no longer cats available at our Satellite Locations. SICSA’s adoptable cats are not just found at our main facility on Washington Church Road! In October 2017 we started our Satellite Cat Adoption Program to help more cats find loving homes. Click here to find out more about our Satellite Cat program. When you click on the cat you are interested in, it will tell you if they are at SICSA or at one of our satellite locations.