What do dogs, cats, and kids have in common? They’ll all be at SICSA’s Humane Education Summer Camp! Sign your little campers up to participate in a full week of fun right here at SICSA Pet Adoption & Wellness Center! Children ages 8 to 12 can enjoy five days filled with hands-on games and activities, interaction with SICSA pets, valuable lessons about the animals we love, and so much more.
Camps will take place weekly starting June 21st through July 30th.
Scroll down for regular registration below, or apply for a need-based campership here!
SICSA's Humane Hero Summer Camp helps children ages 8-12 understand empathy with dogs, capture curiosity with cats, and become a Humane Hero!
The camp takes place weekly from June 21st to July 30th, Monday through Friday. Campers can sign up for one week, or multiple! In-person campers must sign up for a full week.
Camp will begin at 9AM and end at 3PM. Campers can be dropped off between 8AM and 9AM, and picked up between 3PM and 4PM.
The entire campe will take place onsite at SICSA Pet Adoption & Wellness Center.
Children can expect to interact directly with animals, play fun games, and learn all about humane education as they embark on a journey to earn their Humane Hero Badge & Certificate! Each child will receive a Humane Hero drawstring bag to carry their items to and from camp. They will also have their own Humane Hero workbook to use both at camp, and at home. By the end of the week, they will be ready to "adopt" a stuffed friend, and become a Certified SICSA Humane Hero!
Registration for one full week of camp is $225. This includes one week of camp instruction, a Humane Hero drawstring bag, all activity materials, at least one small snack each day, a stuffed dog to "adopt", and a certificate for their Humane Hero training completion.
Camperships may be available upon application. Camperships allow those in need to attend camp at a reduced cost to the family. Camperships may be awarded based on need and availability. Please fill out the Campership application to be considered for this assistance. Click here to complete the Campership application.
Not a problem! We are also offering Camp in a Box!
- Camp in a Box will include: all camp lessons, a Humane Hero workbook, all activities and materials, a colorable Humane Hero Camp draw string bag, a stuffed animal "pet" for your child to adopt, an adoption certificate, Humane Hero Certificate of Training Completion, and a ticket to an upcoming SICSA Humane Education event.
- The fee for Camp in a Box is $100.
- Camp in a Box can be picked up from SICSA for no additional charge, delivered for a fee of $10, or shipped longer distances for a fee of $25.
If you have more than one camper that would like to participate using Camp in a Box, we also offer a Buddy Box! The Buddy Box provides materials for an aditional camper to join in the fun using the same Camp in a Box.
- This includes their own colorable Humane Hero drawstring bag, Humane Hero workbook, activity materials, stuffed animal "pet", adoption certificate, Humane Hero Certificate of Training Completion, and SICSA Humane Education event ticket.
- The fee for a Buddy Box is $50
- Delivery and shipping fees for the Buddy Box are included in the delivery and shipping cost of the Camp in a Box being purchased.
If you have a group of 5 or more, please contact Nicole Sturk at email@example.com for special group Camp in a Box options and pricing!
SICSA will provide many of the materials needed to participate in camp, including classroom items such as pencils, scissors, and markers. We will also provide a small snack for campers each day. To make this experience as safe and fun as possible, we ask that your child bring the following:
- a packed lunch
- close-toed shoes
- any medication/inhalers they may need
- Please note: SICSA Staff and Volunteers are unable to administer medication. If your child needs medication they will need to either administer it to themselves, or have their parent/guardian/designated health aid administer it for them. The only exception to this rule are emergency medications such as an EpiPen or Inhaler.
- a smile!
Absolutely! We can work with you to provide Camp in a Box for your entire classroom, or even your whole school! Please contact Nicole Sturk at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on pricing.
All staff and campers will be required to follow any COVID-19 guidelines in place at the time of their respective camp. All attending and supervising will need to wear a mask and follow any social distancing guidelines set by the state. Each camp will be limited to 10 children per classroom (20 children total per week). We kindly ask that if your camper is not feeling well they do not attend camp that day.
If for any reason SICSA has to cancel summer camps, registrants will be refunded 100% of their registration fee. If for any reason you wish to cancel your camp registration, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 precautions or cancellation, please email Nicole Sturk at email@example.com.