By Alyssa Schuster, SICSA Intern
Many people find grooming their dogs to be a hassle. It can be messy and stressful, especially if your dog doesn’t like having his or her nails trimmed or ears cleaned.
Dog owners shouldn’t miss SICSA’s Chip, Dip, & Cheer Dog Wash on Saturday, July 18 from 10am-2pm! Services offered include dog washing, microchipping, nail trimming, and ear cleaning. Grooming your dog doesn’t have to be a chore!
Here are some key reasons to come to the event:
- Regular grooming removes dead hair, dirt, and dandruff, and helps prevent knotting or clumping in the dog’s fur, which can cause discomfort. Brushing and washing (when needed) can also help keep your dog’s skin healthy.
- Brushing your dog frequently helps to distribute the dog’s natural oils throughout his or her fur. This is important for a healthy coat, and also makes your dog’s fur look shiny.
- Trimming your dog’s nails is very important. Torn or ingrown nails are painful and may lead to infection. Untrimmed nails can grow into the bottom of the dog’s foot, which is painful while walking. This strains leg muscles and can affect the skeletal system. Untrimmed dewclaws can also grow into the dog’s leg. In addition, long nails can result in slipping and injury. Let us trim your dog’s nails and keep her safe and comfortable!
- Cleaning your dog’s ears is necessary in order to help prevent both infection and discomfort. It’s extremely easy for bacteria, ear mites and debris to get caught in the hairs of your dog’s ears.
- We recommend that all dog (and cat!) owners have their pets microchipped. While collars can come off and tags can wear out, a microchip is a great way to ensure your pet can be returned if lost.
Regular grooming makes your dog smell nice and feel comfortable. Please join us on Saturday, July 18 from 10am-2pm in SICSA’s back parking lot for Chip, Dip & Cheer. We’ll wash your dog for $25, microchip for $15, and clean ears and trim nails for $10. We hope to see you there!