- This event has passed.
The Poop Show
September 19 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2020 has been an all-around crappy year.
To keep up with social distancing requirements, we moved our annual Lift Your Leg run in June to a virtual event and canceled our annual Cat’s Meow cocktail party fundraiser this fall.
To help SICSA stay on track for our fundraising goals, we have put together a tongue-in-cheek game of chance that will give purchasers a shot at winning $10,000! To go along with the “theme” of this year, we introduce you to our new fundraising idea:
Turn that frown upside down with a chance to win $10,000!
On September 19, 2020, we will hold a live event online featuring our game of chance, along with promoting SICSA and our sponsors through an engaging show hosted with fun in mind, and sharing the important mission of SICSA. Here are the details of the event:
- A dog play yard will be divided into one foot squares. This means you have a one in 1,536 chance to win!
- At the top of the event, we will randomly draw and assign names to those squares based upon those who purchased chances. Only 1,536 chances will be sold. In the event the winning square is not assigned to a chance purchaser, the proceeds of the winning square will be retained by SICSA.
- We want to make someone’s poopy year a really great one, so help us sell all 1,536 chances by purchasing several for you, and then sharing this news with a friend.
- Once all squares are assigned chances the day of the event, we will bring out a dog to play in the yard with his/her handler. When nature calls – and it will – the square where the poop lands wins the $10,000!
- Chances are only $50 each. The first 100 people who purchase 4 or more chances will also receive a VIP (Very Important Pooper) Wag Bag with gifts valuing over $50!
- We have made this really easy and entertaining for you. You need not be present on event day to win, but why wouldn’t you? Just log into SICSA’s Facebook Page or YouTube Channel at 2:00pm when our emcees – Gabrielle Enright and Josh Stucky – walk you through the fun all the way to the big event–the grand pooper!
Because this is a game of chance, there is a lot of small print to read. Small Print:
You must be 18 years and older to purchase a chance. Staff, Board of Directors, and immediate family (defined as spouse, partner, parent, guardian, child, and/or sibling) are not eligible to purchase a chance. Please refer to your state guidelines regarding games of chance and participate at your own risk. Chances purchased are not considered a tax deductible donation. The winner will receive the lesser of $10,000 or 50% of chance revenue. Winnings are taxable, and applicable federal, state, and local taxes will be withheld by SICSA to satisfy all tax obligations. SICSA does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in this game of chance. The winning square will be the square that contains the most poop. In the case of a tie or discrepancy, a panel of three arbitrators will decide the winner. The arbitrators’ decision will be the final. There will not be an option to contest final results. The event will take place rain or shine. If the first dog does not produce satisfactory results, a second dog will be utilized. This will continue until a winner has been determined.