The Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals (SICSA) is committed to the highest standards of integrity in all of its fundraising ventures, along with the ethical collection, retention and use of information on donors, prospects, volunteers, and clients.
To accomplish this we commit to the following:
- SICSA will seek and record only information that is relevant to the programs of the organization.
- SICSA will maintain all records in a secure donor file. This file will not be sold, exchanged or given to any other organization.
- Any document containing information about SICSA donors will be carefully protected and irrevocably destroyed when no longer needed.
- Information on our partners (i.e. our mailing list or donor giving records) is only given to persons who need such information to perform their assigned duties. This includes companies who prepare mailings, append databases, visit donors on our behalf, or any other uses related to the fulfillment of SICSA’s mission.
- Any outside vendor or service provider receiving the SICSA mailing list must agree that:
- The names and addresses contained in the data file will only be used for the specified project.
- The electronic file will not be forwarded electronically to any other person other than for the purpose the agreed-upon project.
- No archival paper or electronic copies of the data file will be made before, during or after the execution of the project.
- The file containing the names and addresses will be irrevocably destroyed upon completion of the project.
- All data or medium that is not irrevocably used in the course of completing the project will be returned in a timely manner.
- SICSA tracks our web traffic statistics, including pages visited, what order, and how long users spend on our site. This information is analyzed internally to determine how best to provide information to our site visitors. No personal information is collected.
- SICSA operates under the premise that any donor or donor prospect has the right to review his or her donor file maintained by our organization